I recently mentioned a book by Nita Engle that I’m studying at the moment. It is a more experimental approach to watercolour. This image uses one of the techniques she has in the book. For this image I cut some matte board with a razor blade to create a semi abstract pine tree shape. I then printed it randomly on the paper and used my spray bottle to encourage the top of the trees to bleed upwards. I used primarily thalo turquoise and quinacridone rose. I did it over a couple of days and after the second day the image just came alive. Totally out of my comfort zone but extremely enjoyable.
8″ X 5″